This chicken marinade has a very fresh and tasty zing to it. It is a perfect chicken marinade for those that are adverse to spicy dishes. Also, one of the most recommended chicken marinades for the summer months.
- 1/2 an onion
- 3 teaspoons of oregano
- 3 teaspoons of thyme
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of oilve oil
- 2 whole chicken breasts, split in half
- Rub the chicken with the cut half of the onion, then discard the onion.
- Thoroughly mix the herbs and garlic with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Coat the chicken in the marinade, making sure all areas are covered.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours, up to a maximum of 48 hours.
- Bake in the oven at 200 degrees celsius/ 390 degrees fahrenheit.