A fantastic Thai style dish. The coconut milk in this chicken marinade adds a lovely creamy contrast to the sharp heat of the chillies. Most definitely one of my favourite chicken marinades!
- 500g/ 1lb chicken breasts
- 2 sticks of lemon grass, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.5 cm/ 1 inch piece of fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soft dark brown sugar
- 2 tablesoons chopped fresh coriander
- 150 ml/ quarter pint coconut milk
- Cut 3 diagonal slits in each chicken breast. Place the chicken in a shallow dish large enough to hold all the breasts in a single layer.
- To take the marinade, place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Pour over the chicken, cover and leave to marinate for 1 – 4 hours (the longer the better).
- Grill or bake until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.